So, in honor of this being our first blog and all, we've made a small compilation of things we might be discussing!
This includes (but is not limited to):
Games - (Oh the Glorious Games!)
Popular Happenings
Bronies (And Ponies! [Occasionally, we won't flood you with it.])
Kittens
Puppies
Controversy
Racial Stereotyping, and Why It's in Place.
Creating Stories Through Social Interaction
Gene Therapy
And Don't You Forget, Dead Baby Jokes!
For a small teaser, here's a small entry.
I don't get why people are so against racial stereotyping and racial pride. As far as I see, it's a media crime to like ones own race above others. Black pride parades are considered a liberty sign, and are encouraged. People make these special exceptions about different races, but forget, why can't all races do it? A white pride rally turns into a dirty "skinhead" "racist" gathering and everyone there is pledged as a bad person because of it. If an "African American" can celebrate his ancestry, why can't a European White celebrate his? It's constitutionally correct, but isn't considered politically correct.
Now, given I am a white male, I make come off as just some person with a minor penned up race prejudice. I assure you, I am not Racist. At least, not in my eyes. Just because I prefer to hang out with my own race, and own gender, doesn't mean that I am a Racist, Sexist, pig does it? What constitutes being Racist?
According to Websters, Racist is defined as "A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race" Wouldn't this mean that anyone who prefers to hang out with someone that isn't a different ethnicity isn't racist? But when pushed to the media, saying that you would prefer to hang out with white friends would make you racist. It's extremism.
This brings me to my point, A man was told to stop his public gathering of European Heritage celebration the other day. The reason? It was RACIST. To me, would it not be racist in its self to call celebration of whites, just like celebration of blacks, racist? Each is saying, we should celebrate our race, its our heritage! Each is correct, its the same thing! The only difference is - Race.
So, why can't we all just enjoy our own? It's constitutional. It's correct. MAKE IT CORRECT. It's not racism, It's Pride. Bad Media, BAD. :3
No comments:
Post a Comment
*insert constructive comment here*